Special permits, road supervision personnel, notification
Generally, transport projects which deviate from the general statutory standards must be approved by the relevant authorities.
Hoflehner transport escort service takes care of the complete approval process for your heavy transport / special transport. These include receiving notification, the application, the justification and collection of special permits and the inclusion of all necessary, authorized road supervision personnel.
This applies to all shipments with:
- a width from 2.55 m
- a height from 4.00 m
- a length from 16.50 m for semi-trailer combination or 18.75 m on motor vehicles with trailers
- a weight from 40,000 kg
- as well as self-propelled machines.
The necessary permits are issued by the respective federal states. For transport across state boundaries, a permit is required for each passing state.
Overview of statutory provisions:
- Motor vehicles/trailers with a length from 12.00 m, a width from 2.55 m, a height from
- Semi-trailer trucks with a length from 16.50, a width from 2.55 m, a height from 4.00 m
- Vehicles with trailers with a length from 18.75 m, a width from 2.55 m, a height from 4.00 m
- Self-propelled machines
Total weight of the shipment:
- Motor vehicle / trailer (2-axle): 18,000 kg total weight
- Motor vehicle / trailer (3-axle): 26,000 / 24,000 kg total weight
- Cars with more than 3 axles: 32,000 kg total weight
- Cars with trailer / semi-trailer: 40,000 kg total weight
- Legally-defined exceptions exist for collection and delivery; transport of logs from the forest; vacuum, pressure and tank vehicles; width of snow clearing vehicles and agricultural and forestry vehicles.
ATTENTION: The above data is not complete and is therefore only a guideline as a complete listing is too extensive. Please refer to the Motor Vehicles Act for detailed legal requirements.
The necessary permits are issued by the respective federal states. . For transport across state boundaries, a permit is required for each passing state.
The 4 approval levels for special transport are:
- Level 1: Own escort
- Level 2: Escorted by a vehicle and an authorized road authority
- Level 3: Escorted by two vehicles and two authorized road authorities
- Level 4: Escorted by three vehicles and at least three authorized road authorities. In addition, own escort is necessary (level 1).
In individual cases, police escorts may be required or they may be requested by the authorities.
An authorization is usually issued within 1 to 6 weeks.